good to know
Version 2.0 – Last updated: May 2018
- Information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- Who we give your information to
- Where we store your information
- How we protect your information
- How long we keep your information
- Your rights
- Changes to this policy
- Contact us
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of European Economic Area data protection law, (the "Data Protection Law"), the data controller is: Locum's Nest Limited, Niddry Lodge, 51 Holland Street, London W8 7JB.
Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data from you:
- Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us directly when you interact with us.
Find out more below:
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our App or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our App, apply for a job posting, use our App to directly message hospitals or trusts about a job posting, submit a query, and when you report a problem with our App.
The information you give us may include your name, address, personal e-mail address, NHS.net email address, phone number, GMC number, personal description and photograph, login and password details. It may also include current employment information and details you provide of your employment history for the purpose of your creating your profile on our App.
- Information we collect about you from your use of our App: We will automatically collect information from you each time you use our App. This includes technical information such as your Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, operating system and platform, version, time zone setting, plug-in types and versions.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from hospitals and trusts ("Organisations") which includes your GMC number. This data is publically available at https://webcache.gmc-uk.org/gmclrmp_enu/ and is used for the purpose of affiliating new doctors using our App with the relevant Organisations that they are employed by or otherwise verified by in order to provide medical services.
How we use your information
You can see a full list of the types of data we process, the purpose for which we process it and the lawful basis on which it is processed here.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us:
We will use this information to:
- Take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us including:
- administering your account with us;
- storing your registration documents and providing them to hosptials or trusts upon request following your application for a relevant job posting;
- associate you with any Organisation for which you are already affiliated;
- notifying you about changes to our service.
- Ensure in our legitimate interests that:
- content from our App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- we provide you with the information that you request from us.
- Information we collect about you from your use of our App
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- To administer our App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our App safe and secure.
- To improve our App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights). We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Who we give your information to
We may give your information to:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support our processing of personal data under this policy.
- Organisations to whom you are responding to a job posting as advertised on our App.
Find out more below:
Our selected third parties may include:
· Organisations who process your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and the Data Protection Law. This includes in supporting the services we offer through the App in particular those providing data hosting services, distributing any communications we send, facilitating feedback on our services and providing IT support services from time to time. These organisations (which may include third party suppliers, agents, sub-contractors and/or other companies in our group) will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their support functions. Please click here for a full list of our selected third parties.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our App (this will not identify you as an individual).
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· If Locum's Nest Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its registered users will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Locum's Nest Limited, our registered users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
Where we store your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law.
Find out more below:
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
· In order to store it.
· In order to enable us to provide services to you and fulfil our contract with you. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
Where we are legally required to do so.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our App may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
How long we keep your information
We retain personal data for as long as you have an account with us in order to meet our contractual obligations to you and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data;
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
- Your right to withdraw consent:
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html). The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
Changes to this policy
Locum's Nest Limited
Niddry Lodge, 51 Holland Street, London W8 7JB